Tuesday 5 January 2010

Mosaic Tablets


I had fun today, thanks to the snow keeping me home, making these mini tablets. Don't know quite what they are but they evolved from a piece of card created by gluing together  strips of coloured and stamped papers. I then cut the strips across the length and reformed them into mosaic like pieces. When I cut the card into above pieces, the bits started falling off. Never trust glue sticks!! I then decided to cover them in UTEE as a means of holding together all the precious bits, and added accent beads or foil for a bit of bling. Some of the beads I made with UTEE.
I suppose they might end up as key fobs, pendants or tags on 3D items, who knows? 


Don't forget to add your name for the BLOG CANDY ... scroll down!
there is also some great blog candy on inkyfingers

10 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Serendipity! I love it when you discover something good by accident :) They look fab and I bet they're so much nicer in real life.

Wonder if we'll be the only ones there on Saturday, lol? See you then, all being well.

Tinkertaylor said...

These are gorgeous so vivid and colourful I'm sure you'll make them into smashing pieces of art

Unknown said...

What fabulous mosaics so clever - rich warm sumptuous colours - absolutely love them

Tracy said...

Truly stunning work of art!!!beautiful rich warm colours love them.
xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW I've only just discovered your blog and I'm soooo pleased that I have, it's fabulous and I'll defo be back for more

I'ved added myself as a follower

Thanks for sharing - sam xxx

Lynne K said...

Wonderful! Absolutely gorgeous.

Deborah said...

I know what you mean about gluesticks - lol. These are beautiful and so vibrant, especially when everything outside is so white.

Sherry said...

They're beautiful, lovely patchwork of colours and patterns. I've tried that trick with the UTEE also for holding everything together - must remember to make any holes first though!

Unknown said...

Your site is beautiful, so varied, inspirational and I could stay on it all day xxxx Have of course become a follower x

Leigh x

Olga said...

The more I explore your blog, the more I like your creations! Great and inspirational! I have no UTEE but defenitely would like to buy it and try :)