Wednesday 28 April 2010

Double Concertina Alice card

Today I finally made it into my craft room and to make some samples for the show at Port Sunlight on 8th May. My friend Caz, of stampattack, had given me a plate of her new Alice in Wonderland stamps, so I decided to make this double concertina card to showcase lots of the images. It is two sided so holds a great many. There are already two plates of Alice stamps available and the news ones, ready for the show, will make it four!
For the background I sponged over stencils with Distress Inks new Crushed Olive colour onto turquoise card. I then sponged a few areas over sequin waste with Broken China then gave a light spritz of Cosmic Shimmer in Rich Gold. This is another of those structured cards which looks complex but is sooooo simple. Just let me know if you want any details of how to make one.
Yesterday was such good weather that we ventured forth to Calderstones Park to view the Bluebell Field. Some years ago, I was involved with setting up the fields as a conservation and charity fundraiser because the native British Bluebell is now protected as it is being ousted by the more vigorous Spanish variety. The public bought certificates for bluebells to be planted for whatever reason they wanted and I did this to celebrate my DD2's wedding. I visit each year but she has never ever managed to see them. I had hoped that this would be possible during her forthcoming visit, so we went along to see how they were doing. What a disapointment..... this year there are hardly any Bluebells but just a small amount of White ones. We met a man there who had come a long distance to see them, after having some planted in memory of his late wife, so it was really sad that it didn't cheer him. It is normally such a beautiful sight Maybe next year..........
 
Just a few spots of blue..... I wonder are they my daughter's?

We saw so many of these, black and white, bee like insects on the grass in the park.

The magnolia near the mansion house is magnificent and so full of blossom but the one in my garden is very sparse this year.
After our bit of excercise and fresh air we were starving and went into the little cafe for a cuppa.... and egg and chips just managed to leap onto the table too and say "Eat me, please"!!! It was so good but so naughty. Ah well! Something had to compensate for the lack of bluebells!

10 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Love the card Jo, it looks really complicated. Perhaps a Viccy Stampers workshop......pretty please, x

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab card just love the colour. Shame about the bluebells but all ended well with the egg and chips!

sam21ski said...

Hiya - thanks for trying to get me the hearts - hopefully next time they'll have some, you've obviously set off a trend!!! xxxx

sam21ski said...

OMG Jo, how fantastic is your Alice card, wish I could come but it's way too far for me!!!

Stunning photos of the park too, I think Fraz would love it there xxxxx

Dotpat said...

Fabulous card Jo and brill photo's enjoyed your post

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jo,
Love your clever card and would really like to know how its done please. Your park photos are just lovely too x

Bishop Stone said...

That card is awsome. I so love alice in wonderland.

Neet said...

Love your photos and the card - well ... fab!

Cath Wilson said...

Great card, Jo. Love those colours :)

Ann B said...

Love the card Jo and would love the instructions - that's if Alison can't persuade you to do a Viccy Stamper class for us.