Wednesday 8 September 2010

WOYWW 66

Good Morning WOYWWers!!
Yeah!! Just heard that I won 2nd prize in Lizzybobs blogcandy! I'm so pleased as it's yet another sign that my luck is changing. Thanks so much Liz who is also a WOYWWer!
It's seems like only yesterday that last I exposed my desk for WOYWW and here we are again. I promise that I DID tidy up again before I made yet another new mess. My tidy looked the same as last week, so won't show that, but my mess is a bit different!
I managed to get round to visit most desks last week even if it was really late for some and thanks to all who visited mine and left some great comments, all welcome and lots of fun.
1st a note for Elizabeth to see if she can spy something special to interest her??!
I've added accent beads into the lettering of my WOYWW easel to jazz it up a bit. Feeling a bit dotty today, hence the choice of coffee mug. My tea and coffee tastes so much better when I have carefully chosen my mug!
I went out and bought some of the paint brush storage gizmos from the Works shop (recommended by a WOYWWer, sorry can't remember who? but thanks!), a bargain at the reduced price of 99p, so I reorganised all my pen and brush pots as a result. 
I also realised that they will hold Promarkers very nicely and when not in use I can store them on their side (as you can see in the pic) to stop the ink going to one end. Thanks to Sid who gave me a kindly, timely, warning about storing them vertically! 
Yes! You'll spy chockies... it's empty now, but the tube may well alter very nicely in the future and it will remind me to buy more of the same, scrummy, die for, Bendicks Bitter Choc orange chocs which were part of a yummy gift from my friend Lynne. 
My WIP is for the Stampman's fortnightly challenge and the theme is music. I'll finish and post it tomorrow.
It's a ritual, each time we go to Vicky Stampers, to visit the local charity shop at lunch time. I bought this metal sign for 99p for my craft room........NO COMMENTS, well alright go on, go on, go on! but everyone else was sooo envious they didn't spot it first!!! You've got to be fast or you're last!!
I was so tired on Saturday when I got home from Vicky Stampers but I tried to put away all my craft bag contents from the workshop. Navigating this cupboard defeated me, and after trying to replace some of my scrapbook papers, the boxes were so heavy so, I gave up and left the mess on the floor. 
WHY NOT!? It's my mess and I like it! Well I don't really like it but I CAN do what I want with it!
It hurt no one and stayed there till today and now it's all tidy and back in place.
Sometimes you've just got to realise that  mess isn't harming anyone so just leave it till you feel up to it.
If you are confused and amazed at all this interest in mess, and wonder what on earth is WOYWW, then pop on over to Julia's blog, Stamping Ground and you too can join the fun and develop an obsession for visually rummaging through lots of creative desks each week.
Now I'm off for a nosey!

39 comments:

Helen said...

Great post today and glad things are going a bit smoother! Love those pretty boxes you have your papers in.

Annie said...

I've really enjoyed looking around your mess oops creative stash today Jo. Your boxes with the purple ribbons are really pretty.
A x

Artyjen said...

The works storage looks useful...we don't have one of those shops round here!
Most of all I really...really need one of those signs though...what a fab find...well done you
xoxo Sioux

Dotpat said...

Well Jo your desk is still tidier than mine, I am useless at tidy. Luv your sign you bought

Sue said...

Hi ya Jo
thank you for letting me know about me link, don't know what happened there?? lol. Great post this morning,lovely creative desk, very pretty boxes hun,happy WOYWW, sue,x

Phree said...

Fab pics and post today with lots happening on your desk. No Works near me sigh, I saw that same post you saw last week, so I am coveting your new paint brush stands.

Lothian Crafts said...

what a great sign you got I love it. Fab desk.
Elaine

Mandy said...

great snoop, love your desk looks very very creative indeed!

hugs mandyxx

Minxy said...

That sign is quality, i love a good old rummage in a charity shop, you never know what you might find!

Diane said...

Love the lilac boxes, they are very pretty..

Unknown said...

love it Jo and your moto to hugs jayne xx

Twiglet said...

Oh such pretty boxes - I would leave them dotted around they look so good!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw them, I saw them, all lined up in two rows. They are adorable and about as tiny as the one I "hid" on my basement studio desk today. LOVE them. Now I must know what you are going to do with them (grin).

G Peplow said...

Hi, oooh what a lot going on on your desk, great! That's how a work desk should be, well that's usually my excuse, like the look of your WIP good luck with that:) xx

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

I like to choose my mug for my tea and coffee too!!
Fabby desk and really busy and I love those boxes that were on the floor but are now in the cupboard.......so pretty!!

A.x

donnalouiserodgers said...

Jo I am always in a mess - the only time I am not is when I sit still after just tidying up - which lasts about five seconds...

time enough to sit still when I can no longer move - and I'd rather make more mess making something that tidy up - but I do admire tidy workers I do I just knwo I can't do that - and I can't believe JD let the side down - julia dammit cleaned her Whole Box of Mess - stay with me Jo - stay with the messy ones...

dx

Esther said...

Hiya- your work in progress looks ike it will be fab...loving that swirly border music stamp..and as for your scrapbook paper boxes...I WANT SOME!! Happy WOYWW...Esther xx

Sew This N That said...

great share today babe, love your spotty mug!
It doesn't hurt to have a dumping ground, I have plenty all over the bungalow...I only show my tidy spaces lol :)
*hugs* Heather x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So glad your luck is turning around and congratulations on 2nd place prize. Love your work in progress for The Stampman challenge. I have that heart stamp, not used it in a while. Love your sign from the Charity shop too, a great find. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

Julie M said...

Love the sign, Jo - what a bargain. Great creativity going on at your place, and I'm glad your luck is turning, hope everyone is better/on the mend.

Julie :o)

lisa said...

Well, I had to blow your photo up today (not literally you understand), Jo to have a really good nosey. Couldn't spot the chocs at first. My you have posh sweeties. Puts my jelly babies to shame.
I love your pen holders, what a brilliant idea and the fact that you choose your mug to coordinate made me chuckle. We are very territorial over mugs in this house and always have the same ones!!
Love your bargain sign!!
By the way, those tags from your last post are fantastic. I must get back to my tags, I've missed them.
Hugs Lisax

minnie_mac said...

Not a mess at all. Just an interesting snoop. The musical stamping for example.

Your scrapbook papers are very beautifully accommodated.

Marilyn

Sid said...

Busy desk and lots of stuff to see !!

Neet said...

I am so envious of your sign - even my trip abroad does not make up for missing out on that one. My monthly mission is to get ahead of you up the road to the charity shop.
Hope you go to Harrogate at weekend - it would be nice to see you.

Sarpreet said...

I have enjoyeed the snoop, get the lid back on that ink pad before it dries out, great promarker storage, fab workspace, Happy WOYWW, Thank you for showing us your workspace.

Nan said...

Oh Jo...thank you for the reminder that it's ok to have a mess in our spaces...I've been a little too stressed ove it this week and your post was just what I needed! I am a bit jealous of a stamp shop and a thrift store in the same area!

Cardarian said...

Love your post - glad you won the blog candy - when you have problems it is always very nice to win something or get a present - anything - even a smile is nice! Oh that drama queen drive sign is just great! It would be nice on my craftroom too ha, ha....
Hugs,
Cardarian

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh lovely snoop there and I love that card. Nothing wrong with leaving stuff out til you feel you can deal with it - thing is I never feel I can deal with my mess! Should you not store promarkers vertically then? I keep looking to see but cant find anything written down - I store them vertically when colouring in but then horizontally when not so I guess its not too bad.

Chrissie said...

Looks kind of industrious to me!
Chrissie

Ciara said...

LOVE those boxes with the ribbons on, they are brilliant.

And the storage thing for your promarkers looks great


Thanks for the nosey!

Ciara
xx

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Jo, just love your boxes with the ribbons on I know Ciara has said the same but they are gorgeous. Just seen your new post and what a creation its really wonderful. You must have had a nice day to be tired and leave your boxes. Thats a very clever idea to store your promarkers on their side. Have fun talented lady Hugs JO.xxx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, really love your creations. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi x

Carola Bartz said...

I like that music stamp on the right! And where can you get a WOYWW easel? I've seen that on some desks.

Nikki said...

Such a fun desk with lots to play with
those boxes are just pretty too

Morti said...

I think there's a couple of us who have got the brush stands and were waxing lyrical about them. The only thing I found with mine was that it tended to come apart quite easily, so the last time it did, I superglued it back together. Hadn't thought to get more and store pens in it like you have, so I'm going to check and see if it will work with my copics when I get home, and then go on a hunt for another couple of them..... cheers for the extra idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your desk Jo and I really want to come and live in Drama Queen Drive too! Absolutely bloody brilliant sign!!! And I love your stunning music card too, I haven't had time to enter The Stampman challenge this fortnight.

Hugs
Brenda

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm late enough to have had the chance to look and browse - love your necklaces, my word Jo you are a skilled human bean. Brilliant sign; I bet if we'd been together we;d have had to toss for it! I have golden glitter in my WOYWW letters and it does please me I must say. Couldn't agree more about the choice of mug affecting the taste of the coffee either. And am delighted that you feel your luck is on the turn - onward and upward gal!

downrightcrafty said...

Kermit is about right, as half of your work space is quite messy and the other half is so tidy with all those lovely boxes.
thanks for the very belated snoop, due to blogger errors
Hugs Kate

Angela Toucan said...

your desk is getting me in the mood for circles, and those boxes are really pretty