Tuesday 4 October 2011

WOYWW 122, Mariposa & Gaia

Here's another WOYWW.... What's On your Workdesk Wednesday or that is to say....the 122nd Snoop of the week via our lovely leader Julia's blog Stamping Ground where there will be over 100 desks to spy on, a share of wit and wisdom and of course deskloads full of wonderful artwork too.

So happy to hear the good news that Wipso's new twin grandees and her DD are now home from hospital after all their challenges. Good luck and continuing health and happiness to you all.
Mariposa
This 4 winged multi coloured butterfly, called Mariposa, was blatantly purloined from me by Donna whilst she was here at the weekend, just because she loved it, but I was so happy it has gone to a good home and now I'm making more as you'll see further down my post.
Here's my desk with the proof. The desk is amazingly tidy after all the lovely messing Donna and I did whilst crafting over the weekend but I had to clear space today in readiness for my friend Carole's visit tomorrow. I am so lucky to have another crafting friend here in the same week to continue all the fun!
We are planning and prepping for the Port Sunlight show this coming Saturday and generally having fun and crafting. 
Let me know if you are going to Port Sunny and don't forget to pop by the STAMPATTACK stand and say hello. There will be some new plates including a new larger version of my Sleepy Heads designs..... two little girls tucked up in a quilted bed and extra images of all their toys plus some words.
Here's my WOYWW 122
Strawberries will never be out of season here!
Here's Spooky Dolly still lazing around and we decided that she has such a peculiar face that we must take a mould of it before I start altering her. 
The white lamp holder fitting is eventually going to be a doll.
 WIP.... my acetate butterflies (below) will end up very similar to the one at the top. I drew the butterfly images with a Sharpie pen on one side of an sheet of acetate. They were not too neatly drawn, just scribbled and could be traced over a printed scan, if you cannot manage it freehand. I also stamped with a few texture images then applied alcohol inks to the other side, colouring the inks in with a paint brush.  AIs tend to smudge or take off the Sharpie ink, which is the reason I coloured the opposite side.
I have already cut out the left hand butterfly but not the other one so you can see how freely they have been drawn and painted.
When the two layers are stitched together, beaded, and a face added, it all comes together so well. A few micro sequins were stuck to the wings and beaded legs. This one has wonky legs but Miss D told me not to fix them as it was preferred that way!!
 Now to introduce the special new addition to my family... GAIA (which means EARTH).... made be Donna's fair hand from a doll she kidnapped from me on her last visit. She is definitely in a fantasy world of her own (that's Gaia, well maybe Donna too!) and I adore her and will treasure her for ever. 
 There is wax and paints, lace and flowers, charms and bling.

 An amazingly deep crackle effect....
Here are a couple of close ups of my butterfly that has flown off with Doone...

I bought a new pink ATG crafters version to use with narrow tape at such a bargain price thanks to my friend Lynne Wilky who ordered them for a group of us. I don't like the colour at all...in fact I don't like the yellow colour of the original model! 
It's now called "Advanced Tape Glider" instead of "Automatic Tape Gun" and is supposed to be better than the original... As good as, maybe but better NAH! I love both and both work so well. 
So this new model came out of the box and had an instant makeover thanks to Alcohol Inks and a bit of bling. Now it's mine all mine and very "ME" and now I won't go home with anyone else's at workshops!!!
I'll do my best to visit as many of you as I can this week but it's going to be a busy few days until after the weekend, so please bear with me.

34 comments:

Sarah said...

A totally fabulous and wonderful flutterby creation. I love it and Donna is a lucky lady...and maybe spooky doll just wants to stay plain spooky! Thinking of checking out a tape gun, but they just look so huuuuuuuuuuge!
Thanks for the peek! Sarah (at 11)

Helen said...

Gorgeous butterflies and I love how you've personalised your pink tape gun!! Have a fab time at Port Sunlight.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love your personalised tape gun, what a clever idea! You are so lucky having crafty friends all mine think I'm bonkers!! Thanks for sharing x

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh Jo I don't blame you for needing to make over the ATG...I like the yellow, but the pink is a bit bilious and not me. I think the doll's face is quite lovely and she's surrounded by more strawberries than I'd have thought after a craft session with Donna - you are good for clearing as you go! Beautiful works by both of you - Mariposa is so very ethereal.

Paul B said...

Wow!!! Love, love, love your blog posts. Always bursting with creativity and colourful art. Your altered tape gun is gorgeous! Your butterflies are just too sweet, I just love the detail in them. Have fun on Saturday :) Pxxx

donnalouiserodgers said...

love the make over, the butterfly is standing guard in our hallway,

Niall passed out when I came home with two poang chairs, a house, and all the swapped stash stuff!

dx

Annie said...

Love your butterflies and all your other artwork Jo. You have such an eye with colours. Thank you so much for all the wonderful support over the last couple of weeks. I really do appreciate it Jo. Thankfully M is settling down well now she is home and is able to really enjoy her babies.
Hugs,
A x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The tape gun is a brilliant creation - I love it!! And, as you say, you won't waltz off with anyone else's at future events! Gorgeous butterfly, lucky old Doone :) So glad you had a fab crafting weekend together, ideas just seem to ping out when you've got someone else on your wavelength to bounce them off!
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

jude said...

Jo You certainly have made that gun your own and what abeautiful masterpiece you have created !Love the colour combo and totaly takes on a new tool instead of the boring old pink one just like mine!..lol
Have fab wedensday and a creative week .Pop by as i have candy on offer until 26th
hugs Judex9

Ann B said...

Fantastic butterfly Jo - love it. Will have to get my acetate out and have a go.
Also love what you have done with your tape gun colours are so 'you'.

Neet said...

WOW - what a post! So much to show us and a reminder to me that I have a pink gun (don't think I have seen it for over a month).
Love your Gaia - you are one lucky lady and so glad you have had such a lovely crafty time for so many days.
Thanks for sharing, Hugs, Neet (unbelievable I am #1 this week, still cannot believe it)

okienurse said...

Love your butterflies and the fact you are such a good friend to let Doone take off with it! Nice looking ATG! May have to make mine over when I get home! Vickie

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

I am thinking I don't like my yellow ATG guns (as I fully support the use of 2 with the different sized tapes!). I was admiring your purple one at the top and find out altered, hmm maybe I should hunt for some things to change mine with.......

Chrissie said...

Goodness so many things to look at!
Love those butterflies and your ATG Gun looks ACE!
Chrissie #28

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those butterflies are so beautiful, like stained glass, and trust you to alter your tape gun. Looks good.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! So much to take in! Love that tape gun! Looking forward to Port Sunlight even more now!!

hazel said...

Wonderful butterflies Jo and I love what you've done to your tape gun.
xxx Hazel.

Lulabelle said...

Great desk! I love your butterfly!
Thanks for sharing!

minnie_mac said...

Love those butterflies and that tape gun.

Marilyn

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there dear Jo, ah really love the butterflies sooo pretty and what a difference your touch made to the pink ATG it is truly is beautiful I love it, thanks for sharing, Shaz in oz.x

sam21ski said...

Oooh Jo what a lot of lovely stuff you have shared with us. Looks like you and Donna had great fun.

I'm so pleased you mentioned the 'pink' tape gun, I've been looking and pondering about them. Everyone says they are fab, but I just think they are huge!!!! But if they work as well as everyone says then I might just have to give in - lol.

Take care - Sam xxxx

Morti said...

I didn't make it to your desk last week, so thought I'd swing by here first this week instead! Love the butterfly, not quite so sure about Gaia but that's what art is all about - personal choice. Bless Doone, eh? Have fun at Port Sunlight!

April said...

Those butterflies really are lovely! and Donna's creation is great, so much detail! Love your altered tape gun... the pink of those things is just way too "in your face"!!!!!! lol x

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh lots of lovely art on your blog today - I really love that butterfly (I think I would have pinched it too!) - love the album cover too even though it has dolls heads on (I so dont do dolls!). Have a fab week.

Twiglet said...

You are such an arty crafty person - no wonder Donna enjoys her days with you. I love your butterflies and your personalised machine thingy is fab. x Jo

Anonymous said...

Amazing butterfly, just beautiful, but Donna's Gaia scares me!!! Lol, don't tell her! Love the glue gun makeover, I'll have to send you mine now!

Hugs
Brenda 67

The Crafty Elf said...

Such creativity happening and so much going on ...I just love it! Beautiful butterflies....Oh My Goodness they are lovely! That gun of yours is just fabulous now....well done! Thanks for the visit and have a great week!

Jingle said...

Mariposa is amazing! Such a gorgeous doll! And that doll piece is fantastic, too! You guys have too much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Jo, love the Mariposa butterfly - gorgeous colours. And your ATG makeover is brilliant too - I am with you on the original colours ... wrong shade of pink for me and I really don't do yellow. Should I ever buy one I'll take my inspiration from you and get the inks out. Hope you have a good week. Elizabeth x #75

Tuire Flemming said...

The Mariposa is gorgeous! Love also Donna´s Gaia. And that tape gun is really a piece of art!
Have a lovely week! I have workers - lots of men - banging outside my window... :-/
Tuire xx

Lee said...

I LOVE YOUR blog,it's soooo interesting.I wouldn't know where to start making anything like your AMAZING and wonderful creations,i LOVE them.xx

Dotpat said...

What a fantastic post Jo, so colourful and interesting, love your posts

lisa said...

Hi Jo. I'm glad you got your stamped images OK and I hope a certain little girl loves her picture, I'm sure she'll treasure it, don't forget to show me the finished project. Sounds like you've been having a happy busy time.
I love what you've done to your tape gun but not sure about all these spooky dolls, especially as the witching season approaches!!
Hugs Lisax

Bridget Larsen said...

OMgoodness you alter anything that doesnt move lol. ok I am now very curious, is your friend Carole Stampattack Carole Clements?
Bridget #37 WOYWW 125