Friday 15 December 2017

Swag of Bunting for my Fireplace

I've managed the next stage of making our house look a little festive before the South West contingent of my family comes to visit. No tree up yet but I have made this bunting swag for the fire place. I made three in total and gave one to a friend who was desperate to have one and the other, a much bigger one, is almost finished ready for my South West daughter to decide if warrants approval to hang over her large fireplace in her new Devon home.

Since posting I have had a request about a pattern to make the triangles for the bunting but I was unable to reply. The following might help......
The pennants are all of varying lengths between 20 and 25 cms and widths of approx 9 to 12 cms. This is just a guide and they can be quite easily be made longer or shorter to suit individual locations. 
They are very casually made just with a toning backing, fabrics stitched right sides face to face then turned inside out and pressed. I zig zagged across the tops before arranging and stitching them onto a ribbon or cord for hanging. 
As easy as can be! The balance of the colour scheme and the variable lengths makes the finished item a little bit different and unusual than the spaced out traditional bunting.
Here's the longer one for my daughter made in more "homespun fabrics". Hope she likes it!

3 comments:

tilly said...

it's lovely for the fireplace, I have just made two lots of very long ones, leaving a 1 1/2 inch gap between, may have a go at this one for my Grandson!
Happy Christmas and good health to you both for 2018 xxxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Jo! Both of these look fabulous - your home must be like a Winter Wonderland! Wishing you both a Happy Christmas! Hugs, Chrisx

Preeti said...

That bunting is beautiful - it lights up the room :-)
Wish you a very happy new year and thank you for visiting my blog.