Monday 3 October 2011

Victoria Street

I have enjoyed an exceptional weekend crafting with such great people. Donna (Doone) came to stay and we had such fun crafting in my Making Room until after 1 am each night and I'm really lost for motivation now my muse has gone home! 
We went to Vicky Stampers on Saturday where Neet gave us a fabulous workshop and the 25 of us made between us a whole Victoria Street of House Boxes. 
Yesterday we went to the Oyster Crafts Stamp Show at Leigh for a little retail therapy to round off a great weekend. 
Here's my house box......full of stuff and a bit untidy just like my own place always is!
 There's a light upstairs (a battery tea candle) so someone must be at home! I've draped a piece of vintage lace over the tea light to make it quite subtle.
 I couldn't get ALL my vintage sewing bits and bobs in but I tried!


 Here are 15 of the 25 houses in Victoria Street and Donna's (on the right) even has an extension!
It was fascinating to see how everyone's was so different and whilst most chose "Sewing" as a theme, there were houses depicting Childhood, The Mad Hatter, Toys & Games, Japan, Nature, Birds, Seaside and Russia amongst the others.  
If you'd like to go house hunting pop over to the blogs of some of the other residences in Victoria Street......
Neet.... Hickydorums (workshop tutor) who is posting lots of the houses
Ann B....at Ann's Stamp Pad
Alison.... At CB'S Craft Zone
Paul....at the Artsiders
Lots more artwork to be shared when I have the time over this week, including the gift Donna made for me, the butterfly I gave to her, plus some jewellery we made.
Doona and Jo crafting till the wee small hours with a glass or two of wine...
 Don't we just look so terribly English (below)? Well it was so hot! We needed our sun hats to lunch in the garden, is it really  OCTOBER!!!???
I'm definitely up for a part in Miss Marples and, once she takes her apron off, Donna will be in a remake of "Out of Africa"!!!
Neet & Donna at the Leigh Show where Neet was demoing for Oyster Crafts
To top off the weekend I have been lucky to receive two lovely cards from blogging friends Lisa and Kathy and the blog candy I won from Jennie at the Artistic Stamper
Thanks so much to you all!
 From Lisa who so kindly sent me some stamped images of this gorgeous little girl in a huge hat.
  Kathy wrote such a lovely message inside which I really appreciate. 


14 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh, I like the look of Victoria Street - what fab houses you all made!

hazel said...

Your house is fabulous Jo, there's so much to look at, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow what a fabulous weekend, you could not ask for more, wonderful weather, wonderful company and wonderfully inky. Love all the houses you created they are fabulous and I love all your sewing trinkets in yours. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

Martina said...

Terrific boxes, Jo! Loving all the wonderful pieces you have put into it......

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely post to read through. You can just tell you had bundles of fun. Love your little sewing house. Off to see a close up of some of the the others now. Hugs Mrs A.

sam21ski said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend all round Jo.

Sam xxx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your house is divine Jo! The whole street looks amazing. penny

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed seeing your house. Lovely. I also enjoyed you and Donna getting inebriated. Cute!

Paul B said...

You're house is amazing - I just adore all the trinkets and treasures you've adorned the niches with. You have a wonderful, creative knack & the little light is INSPIRED!!! Good to see you got a little retail therapy in on Sunday too. Glad you persuaded Donna to bring her art journals, I lapped them up. And I'll have you sit by me any day. You are a joy to share tables with. Create any amount of mess you like. If I say anything, it's a tease :) My mojo is turned up to 11 when you're my creative neighbour :) Pxx

cockney blonde said...

What a fabby array of houses in our wee street. Mine will be going up for in a few minutes. Love how you've done the tape measure and I don't know how you fitted so much stuff in, lol, x

Angie said...

What a great post ...it sounds as though you had such fun ...and your 'building' is fantastic. I have to say there is a likeness between you and the newest Miss Marples ...Julia Mckenzie ...in that photo. xx

Von said...

Your fabulous house is so you Jo what a fun time you all had :)
Von x

donnalouiserodgers said...

such fun, it was a great weekend, off now to hop to the houses,

dx

Tuire Flemming said...

So you really had a good time and made great houses!