Tuesday 16 May 2017

Liberty Collection - a Few Finishes and Quick Makes

No blogging for me for a while as, due to a friend's illness, I have been busy and occupied elsewhere for much of my time so I turned to small UFOs when ever I had a few spare minutes.
I made a doll quilt set from scraps of pastel Liberty Tana Lawn, my favourite fabric to stitch.
This little specimen is only 14ins x 16 ins approx) The squares are 2ins finished.

I found this quilt top and finished it successfully with cross hatch machine quilting. 
It measures approx 50ins x72ins

I hand stitched the hexagons for this little lap quilt over a couple of years during my travels. 

A few small quickly made items for my quilt group's forthcoming show.
Bright pot holders from scraps.
Round pochette style key holders.
and a few more cushions for the tombola.
Small makes when I need a bit of sewing relaxation therapy. It does it for me.

7 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Good to see you here, if only for a while! Sorry to hear about your friend but glad to see that you are attacking the UFO pile! Your quilting always makes me smile, maybe I will get back to it sometime! Take care, Hugs, Chrisxx

tilly said...

some lovely makes here Jo, nice to use up scraps and finish off makes eventually lol...
Tilly

Helen said...

beautiful stitching. good to see you, but sorry to hear about your friend.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to see your Liberty fabrics made up into these smaller projects.

mammafairy said...

Dolly bed sets are quite fun to make, aren't they? I know you will have eager recipients for those, and, sorry about your friend, but at least you can get some bits and bats finished round the edges of looking after.

Lee said...

Hi Jo.As always your creations are truly Stunning.Hugs xx

ruma said...

Your artistic feeling is exquisite.
Praise to the senses.
I love your photography.

The best compliment.

From Japan, ruma ❃