Tuesday 20 March 2018

Bridge Quilters Visit

I was invited by the Quilting Twins to visit Bridge Quilters at their Widnes venue and enjoyed a really super day with all the ladies there.... and lovely cake too. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. Thanks so much to everyone.
I talked about my journey into quilting, showing and telling about some of my makes after which I helped members finish their Windmill Bags. I also gave instructions for making my Liberty Petal Scarves and a few other easy items. Here are a few photos of the results of the day. Lots of super makes and how different the bags look in the contrasting colour choices and fabric designs.
Inside a bag

Above shows the "Windmill" construction of a bag and below the inside. 
The cross point is the base.
I recieved a generous donation from the group which has gone to a fundraising site I am supporting to help a lovely lady I know to have IVF to make her dream for a baby come true.
Leanne and Kayleigh kindly made me this fabulous handy patchwork pouch with a clear window, which I love.  I've already had a go at making some as gifts for my friends but I made mine from scraps so they are nowhere as good as my lovely gift from the twins.
Here's one of my sample bags which is made from little Liberty fabric scraps.
Finally a couple of items I am still developing. 
First these friendship bracelets....
and a necklace which will be so much better when made with more suitable beads.


5 comments:

tilly said...

wow, didn't your ladies learn well lol.... some lovely makes and I like the purse with a clear front, hope you are both keeping well
Tilly xx

Twiglet said...

What a great result Jo - those bags are stunning. The little clear fronted purse is a fab idea - what did you use for the clear bit? I suppose a nice strong bag like the ones bedding and curtains come in might be Ok. xx Jo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Jo! What fabulous makes - those ladies must have had such a lovely time! Hugs,Chris!

Quayquilter said...

Love the pictures of all your activities - the bags are such a useful shape. - Mary

Frank Story said...

Thanks for visiting us at Bridge Quilters we had a great time hearing about your quilts and quilting. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Sheena Maddock.