Friday 1 January 2010

New Year Backgrounds


New Year's Eve we stayed home, so I played with the background techniques I will use in next week's class. I enjoyed it far more than going out partying. Am I boring? Not to me or my crafting friends I ain't!!!
I love these materials but I'm not telling until after 9th Jan how I made them, as it would spoil it for the group. Let me know in a comment if you are interested and I'll contact you and share my ideas.
It is a shame that photographs just don't illustrate the beautiful sheen or irridescence of artwork. I win the coconut at all the shows for having the most stained, dyed, inky hands so I started the year by keeping up my reputation. After Stempelmekka, in Germany last September, I was browsing blogs connected to the show and there on one of them was a picture of one of my hands, completely red green and purple with a haze of gold, on someone's blog!!!

8 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

I stamped last night, too - sad or what? Actually, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would much rather be home on New Year's Eve :) They look scrummy.

Neet said...

Love those backgrounds Jo - can't wait to make them.

Chris said...

No, you're not boring at all Jo! lol

Lovely backgrounds, sorry I can't be there. I can't even get my car out yet cos of the snow and ice!!!

Von said...

Oh these are wonderful bacckgrounds and I've looked closly and can't begin to think how you did them :( I'll just have to check back to find out :)
Von

Serena said...

I love the backgrounds and can't wait to read about how you made them.

What's this about a class? Is it a RL thing? A shame if it was, since I'm in Hong Kong and way too far to join,

Tracy said...

Stunning!!!!It has been a joy to visit.

Deborah said...

Would love to know the secret! :-)

Olga said...

I would like to know about how you made them!