Wednesday 15 July 2015

Quay Quilters Exhibition

Well done to everyone who exhibited in this wonderful show last week. The standard was exceptional and there was a mix of traditional and modern quilts and other items.
We really enjoyed our visit to see it and everyone there was so friendly. 
The retailers had some wonderful bargains and helped me find the perfect fabric for my next handsewn project.
Thank you all! I hope I get to see your next show.
Quay Quilters, Faversham, Kent.
There were some superb quilts on display............sorry I cannot give credit to the people who made them but I thought I'd be able to read the labels on my photos. Alas I cannot!





Detail of the centre panel


 Fabulous colour shades.....
 and the flowers are all hand stitched 
 This was the raffle prize I would love to have won. 
All proceeds went to Pilgrim's Hospices

 This bag was so unusual and quirky in design, love it!
 Lots more photos of this fabulous exhibition by Quay Quilters to share in my next post.


8 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Jo the work in those quilts really does take your breath away. Stunning. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Hugs,
Annie x

mammafairy said...

Wonderful display... Lovely things, I am pleased you have been enjoying your stay in Kent.

Quayquilter said...

Thank you so much for this as I missed the show. It was presentation evening tonight. The feathered star quilts were made by Trish and Mavis, fellow Bonnie Quilters. Trish's won Visitors' Choice very well deserved. I have yet to add borders to my version. I made several projects from my Farmer's Wife blocks and didn't manage them all so I know full well that Trish's is a tour de force. Avril and Trish told me how they had chatted to you - a small world. I do hope we get to meet next time (2 years away!) or at Oast.

Quayquilter said...

The Convergence quilt with hand sewn flowers was made by another dear friend, Mary Inglis, and I sew with her too. Along with Maggie Kingston we made a group quilt which was displayed too. I am so lucky in the wonderful people I sew and travel with. .

pearshapedcrafting said...

This does look like a fabulous exhibition! Chrisx

Tuire Flemming said...

Wonderful works! I have recently been dyeing fabrics, but have no idea what to do with them. Even my hands are red :)
Have a nice day!
Hugs,
Tuire

Twiglet said...

Superb - just imagine how many hours of work has gone into them all. x Jo

Hetty said...

Such different quilts and all beautiful on their own.
Wish I could have come and seen them for real.
But I am glad you shared them with us.
Have a great day.