Monday 15 February 2016

Bags, Bibs and Pin Cushions and Pots.

Several more quick items which I made towards our forthcoming quilt club event.
Lots of bits and bobs, made from bits and bobs of fabric which will fill out the sales table and go towards tombola prizes.
It's a good exercise rummaging through my stash and deciding what could be made from each unwanted leftover.

This little handy pot was made from a 10 inch square of left over patchwork. I usually make triangular pots this way but thought I'd try this out with a square.
.

I wanted to try out this applique cat design so I used my sample piece as a pocket for this bag. I enjoyed making the cat and think I might do a small quilt with several of them.

Pincushions look complicated but they were quickly sewn by machine.
Straightforward shopping bags are so useful now that stores do not dole out plastic bags for free. A good way of using up remnants.

Baby's bibs, all made of cotton except for the satin bias around the necks.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Oh Jo,what beautiful creations love the fabric too.Hope all well with you.Huggles xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Jo! All of these look amazing! I love how you say those pincushions are easy -I'll believe you of course, but they look as though they would challenge me! I'm sure that the quilt club will love your tombola prizes! Hugs, Chrisx

Helen said...

wow Jo - these are all gorgeous!! The fabric for the bibs is just so cute!!

Twiglet said...

Totally fab selection of your makes there Jo - it's so satisfying to be able to use up oddments and produce such lovely very saleable items - hope you raise loads of money with them. That owly fabric is gorgeous. x Jo

tilly said...

some lovely items for the table made from your leftovers, hope it makes lots of dosh!
Tilly x

Lynne said...

Dear Jo, my favourite is the little square "pot"! I LOVE it, but I know I would tear my hair out making one…. this is the kind of sewing that I just don't find easy, my friend have taken me to workshops, I have been patently shown,,,,, to much like a maths lesson! But I think your choice of fabrics is lovely! Lxxx

Sarah said...

What a lovely collection of home makes! I love your fabric choices!