Friday 26 March 2010

Interlocking Hearts and NEC

Tomorrow I am going on a coach trip to the NEC in Birmingham for the Craft Show with Victoria  Stampers group. No money to spend but I'm sure that won't matter and I will probably still come back with lots of stash I didn't know today that I can't live without!!! We leave at 7.30am Eeeek!! At least I'm only 20 minutes away from the meet up but some of the group are travelling first from Yorkshire to pick up the coach.
If anyone will be at the NEC show and want's to meet up I will stand near the entrance at 12 noon and I will have (no, not a red carnation!) a purple flower (as in the bottom picture) on my black holdall bag. I'm going to make some ATCs tonight if anyone wants to trade.  

My lovely DD2 asked me to make one of the interlocking heart cards I made for Jayne's birthday in February, but as a wedding card for her friend in America. I hope she likes it and it will be winging it's way from England to Germany before she in turn sends it on to USA. I really enjoyed making it as my first project in my newly tidied and reorganised, almost finished, craft room.

I coloured my card with Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks by smooshing with a wet wipe. After drying, I splashed water from the palm of my hand onto the card and dabbed off the drops with a dry cloth to create splodges. I stamped over at random with flourishes and script.

Inside consists of two layers... the top being the beautiful "Love is" passage (from Corinthians in the Bible) and underneath there is a layer where a personal message can be written.
The "Love is" passage inside                                                                                 The bottom layer for a private message
Look out for this on my bag if you want to say "Hello"at the NEC

6 comments:

Dotpat said...

That is lovely Jo, enjoy yourself tomorrow, will be sitting here feeling quite miffed

fluffy said...

It's perfect mum, I love it, thank you. I'm sure the newlyweds will love it too; I may even send them the link to this post!! Have a wonderful time tomorrow and speak soon. xx

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful Jo. Sorry, no time for ATCs as off to bed in a minute. 1 more sleep, x

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is absolutely fabulous Jo. Can't read about what you bring back from the show!

Tracy said...

Love this JO..Stunning and love your before and after pictures below.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Sherry said...

Hi Jo, I had a go at making one of these myself yesterday and was quite pleased with the result but it's a bit on the plain side. I love what you've done with this one - giving it a lift up flap inside gives it a whole new dimension! When I've made another I'll post it on my blog and let you know. Thanks for the instructions you sent me a while ago.

I bet the receipient will love your card.