Friday 30 April 2010

She wears pink feathers!

I needed a couple of general birthday cards for friends so I made these before I went out yesterday. I used two of my favourite "women" images, stamped in black on white card, then layered over with acetate which had been coloured with alcohol inks. Went a bit mad with the feathers but they make the cards OTT glam!


Afterwards I went into town as I was lucky to be an invited guest for the opening of our new bigger TKMAXX store. We already had one but, with the regeneration of the city centre, they decided to expand and move to the well loved, historic, George Henry Lee department store, which they have revamped beautifully, so now we have quality bargains galore on three floors.
 This pic, showing a quarter of the ground floor, is for my two DDs who love TKMAXX, but live so far from here so couldn't be there yesterday. Heh heh! Great that Mum gets the treats!
We had bubbly on arrival and delicious canapes and the most yummy cupcakes (see one of the towers in the left hand corner) which were decorated so beautifully. I had one with a chocky shoe on top and took one home for DH with sprinklings of the tiniest hearts. Aren't I romantic? Aaaahh! 
There were jugglers, stilt walkers, music by a local radio station, and guests (that's me) were pampered with an "Angel" relaxation massage and a manicure. With a bit of retail therapy it was a lovely experience which I was glad to be invited to, thanks to DD2's friend Gill.
I asked the manager if he could manage to repeat the event once a month!!!
I'm looking forward now to going to Vicky Stampers tomorrow for a workshop when, our lovely member and friend, Paul will be our tutor. He is teaching us to make an arty house with a concertina book inside so it should be fun. Must pack up my kit and make my template from his email.........Now I wonder if I'll find all I need!!!!

3 comments:

Paul B said...

You sound better prepared than me Jo haha. Love your cards, especially the feathers. I love designs that are a tad OTT but full of fun. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - hope I don't disappoint. Pxx

Dotpat said...

Love your card Jo and a bigger TKMAX I am so green, we lost ours and it was my fave shop.

sam21ski said...

Fab cards

Looks like you had a good day at the opening event. Not a shop I am fond of, too much rummaging for me!!!!

Hope you have a fab day today at your workshop, can't wait to see your house complete with book xxxx