Sunday 6 June 2010

Friendly Plastic Workshop with Liz Welsh


We had the most wonderful day, yesterday, when Liz Welch came to Victoria Stampers to give us a friendly plastic workshop. It was such fun and we learned so much from Liz who is an excellent friendly tutor. Although we did so many techniques it was really relaxing with no pressure and plenty of time to play, and still natter a little as we always do. Liz was so giving of her knowledge and skills and so patient and lovely to everyone.
We oozed, squidged, rolled, cut out, moulded, used metallic leaf. We learned how to use up waste bits, make beads and patchwork etc., etc!!
There is a lot of room for improvement and I can identify my mistakes but I really enjoyed learning so many techniques and fully intend to continue working with FP in the future.

One of our group commented that she didn't know she could have so much fun with a piece of copper pipe ( her rolling pin) FP and some water! 
I look forward to the next one, for sure!


6 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Jo you've made some fab stuff, I didn't know you could do all that with FP - looks like you all had a great time xxx

Von said...

How amazing is that I had a play this weekend as well but nowhere near as exciting as the peices you have made Thing I could do with a master class :)
Von x

olive said...

It was a blast Jo, Sue and I had such fun. Definitely going to incorporate FP into my creations..... Ciao

Helen said...

Gorgeous artwork, Jo - just wished I lived a bit closer and could come along to the workshops!

Helen x

Dotpat said...

Brill work Jo and looks like you had a great day, will have to try and get to one soon

Sheilagh said...

What a treasure trove of delightful FP I need to find a workshop. Soon!!